Each year we are continuously reminded of its presence every time we step foot into any retailer. Heart shaped everything, an abundance of roses and plenty of pink and red– you guessed it… Valentine’s Day. It’s unavoidable and usually the same scenario each year. And though chocolate is always delicious and roses are always beautiful, how about switching things up this year? That’s right – we said we’re switching it up! We’re talking about Valentine’s vacations this week. The chocolates and roses won’t
last forever, but the memories you make on vacation will!
We know that a Valentine’s Day vacation may seem a little over the top or out of your budget…so that’s where we come in. We’re here to help convince you that a V-day getaway is just what you need and it’s totally obtainable. At VacationCondos.com, we’ve got discounted nightly rates at some of the top vacation destinations – making it easy to ditch the old traditions and start some new ones!
Hopefully we’ve peaked your interest and maybe even gotten you on board with the idea of a vacation. Great! Now it’s time to pick a destination. We can help there too! We’ve made a list of our top favorite romantic getaways – and a few reasons why they’re the perfect destination for this special occasion.
- Charleston, South Carolina – One of America’s most romantic cities! The Church Street Inn is located on the corner of Church and Market Streets – right in the heart of downtown Charleston. These two-story town homes have full kitchens – perfect for a cooking a nice dinner in during your stay – and they boast city views. Spend the day taking a romantic stroll along the waterfront or take a carriage ride, grab a great cocktail and view some of the most beautiful architecture.
- Sonora, Mexico – Get out of the cold and catch some rays on gorgeous white sandy beaches. Laguna Shores Resort
offers you an oasis with warm ocean temperatures, sunny days and perfect nights. Plenty of resort amenities will make for exciting new Valentine’s Day memories. Explore the local area with kayaking, water sports or whale watching. If you’re looking for a little more relaxation – stay resort side and enjoy a 5,800-square foot infinity pool, beach access, a cigar and rum bar and an onsite restaurant.
- Rangeley, Maine – Looking for the perfect place to cozy up in a comfortable cabin for the weekend? Then Rangeley Lake Resort is it! Spend your day on the slopes of Sugarloaf resort and come back to enjoy resort amenities like hot tubs and a cedar sauna. All cabins have a rustic décor, full kitchen and quiet, comfortable living quarters.
- Kailua-Kona, Hawaii – Experience the magic of “The Big Island” by staying at the Kona Reef Resort. This charming seaside town boasts white sandy beaches, amazing tropical flowers and an abundance of activities for travelers. Hike through the lush tropical forests to stunning waterfalls or have a once in a lifetime experience together at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Relax in the evenings in a spacious condo just footsteps away from the beach.
Still need an extra push to help send you planning and packing? Here’s a few more reasons why a Valentine’s Day vacay should be on your to do list this year.
- This time of year is (for most) cold and dreary. You’ve probably found yourself wondering when you next vacation will be and if you can really make it all the way to summer. Whether it’s a weekend getaway or a week-long adventure – it’s the perfect time to treat yourself with a much-needed trip.
- While you may be considering traveling, it doesn’t mean that everyone else is! Use the off season to your advantage and enjoy a new destination with less of the hustle and bustle.
- You can start a new tradition of spontaneous V-day vacations. While there’s nothing wrong
with the typical dinner date and roses, by adding a vacation in to the mix you’re creating unforgettable memories with your special someone!
Roses are red, violets are blue. We’re ready for a Valentine’s Day vacation, how about you?